How to contact the help desk:
There are three ways to contact the help desk. They are:
- Call extension 3364
- send email to email@example.com
- Click here to log into self service
OIT (Office of Information Technology) Help Desk Serving WVU Tech
- Your Client ID for Magic Self-Service is the same as your WVU MasterID. Click the "Forgot your Password?" link
on the login page(above) to obtain your password. If you don't know your WVU MasterID,
- After you login the first time, read the instructions provided by clicking the link,
- If you have problems with suggestion 1 or 2, please call the help desk at extension 3364.
First time Help Desk users should read the following before attempting to login to the Electronic
OIT Help Desk, Magic Self-Service.
The Help Desk is a support teal within OIT Support Services that serves WVU students, faculty, and
staff at all WVU campuses
Regular hours during Fall and Spring semesters
- Monday - Thursday - 8:15 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday - 4:00 p.m. to 12 midnight
Trouble calls may be logged via Magic Self Service Help Desk [oitss.wvu.edu] 24 hours a day, 7 days
a week. We respond to calls by electronic means at the beginning of each business day.
The OIT Help Desk provides these services:
- We answer questions about common desktop products and services we support.
- We obtain answers to questions about University systems from other departments, such as MAP, STAR, and football ticketing.
- We help solve problems with computers and related items.
- We provide desk side support for administrative network users.
- We log calls and create trouble tickets for:
- Microcomputer Repairs
- Telecommunications and Networking problems
- CTec classroom problems
- Software Licensing questions
- ITRC and WebCT Vista support
- Purchase advice from the Technology Support Center
- We enter OIT workshop registrations and cancellations; we maintain the workshop database and its forms/reports and monitor its performance.
- We provide trouble call information to departments, such as nature of calls, call frequency, and other data of use in determining training needs.
- We provide and operate knowledgebase software that the entire University community can use to resolve problems.